An Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is constituted at Sri Vasavi College to prevent sexual harassment in the premises. A written complaint is mandatory from the aggrieved person to take necessary actions. The committee conducts enquiries, provides counselling and reconciliation to the aggrieved person.
• To provide a secured environment to all girl students and the women employees.
• To take consistent action for prevention, prohibition and redressal of complaints received regarding sexual harassment.
• To conduct awareness drive through display of women welfare & anti-sexual harassment policies and other appropriate documents, workshops, posters, speeches by experts etc.
• To have an encouraging and dignified surrounding to work in for women personnel.
Procedure for filing a Complaint with ICC
• Complaints regarding Sexual Harassment should be in written form or typed on paper in detail with date.
• The complaint should be made within three months from the date of incident and in case of a series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of last incident.
• Anonymous complaints will not be entertained and the aggrieved person’s name and address should be legible.
• If the aggrieved woman is unable to make a complaint on account of her physical inability, a complaint may be filed by her parents, relative, friend, her co-worker, an officer of the National Commission for Woman, State Women’s Commission or any person who has acknowledged the incident, with the written consent of the aggrieved woman.
• The written complaint should be handed over to any internal member of the ICC.
The ICC comprises of the following members:
Presiding Officer: Dr. G. Malarvizhi , Head and Associate Professor, Department of Tamil.
Member 1: Dr.P.Sagunthala – Associate Professor, Department of Physics.
Member 2: Dr. K.Rajini – Associate Professor, Department of Management.
Mrs. Nirmala Rajarathinum, President, Inner Wheel Club, Erode
Non –Teaching Employees:
Member 1: Ms.N.Namagirilakshmi, Office Superintendent.
Member 2: Mrs.R.S.Chithira devi, Assistant (Selection Grade).
1. P.Myvizhi – Full Time Ph.D Research Scholar in Zoology.
2. K.Deepan – Student Chairman, III B.Com.
3. M.Krishna – II M.Sc Maths.
College Grievance Redressal Committee(CGRC)
As per the guidelines of the UGC, The Grievance Redressal Cell was constituted to resolve any grievances raised by students, related to Examination, Evaluation and any other problems related to day to day functioning.
• Upholding the dignity of the college by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the campus through promoting cordial student-student relationship and student-teacher relationship etc.
• To find the causes of grievances.
• To investigate and review complaints or grievances of students.
• To create a platform to locate student’s problems regarding academic and non- academic matters.
Fields of concentration
The cell will deal with Grievances received from the students on any of the following matters:-
• Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
• Complaints regarding conditions of sanitation, availability of transport, victimization by faculty.
Levels of complaint management
• The student coordinators and staff coordinators of grievance redressal cell act as facilitators to communicate and sort out the grievances at the department level.
• The Departmental level grievances are attended by the concerned class Coordinators, Counsellors and Department Heads.
• Unresolved grievances at the Departmental level are referred to the Grievance Redressal Cell of the institution.
Suggestion / Complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block. Students who want to remain anonymous can utilize the same.
Grievance Redressal Committee Members
Chair person: Dr. N. Jayakumar, Principal
1. Dr.K.Rajagopal, Head and Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
2. Dr.P.Sivaprakasam,Head and Associate Professor of Physics
Anti Ragging Committee
Ragging is one of the most troublesome issues in educational institutions. The following criminal offences shall be treated as Raging as per the Government of India Educational rules.
1. Mental/ Physical/ Sexual abuse
2. Verbal abuse
3. Indecent behaviour
4. Criminal intimation/ Wrongful restraint
5. Undermining human dignity
6. Financial exploitation/ Extortion
7. Use of force