Eligibility | Certificates to be produced for admission | Withdrawal from College | Rules of Conduct and Discipline | Rules regarding Attendance | Ragging : Warning | Disciplinary Regulations | Identity Card | Scholarships | Scholarships by Private Bodies | Fee Concessions | Students Aid Fund | Endowment Prizes | Co-operative Stores | Working Hours
Admission to the first year BA, B.Sc., B.Com., and B.B.A. classes is open to students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations of the Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Tamil Nadu or an equivalent examination recognized by the Bharathiar University.
Admission to the first year M.A. History is open to those who have passes the B.A., B.Sc., Degree examination of the Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination approved by the Bharathiar University.
Admission to the first M.Sc. (Maths/Zoology) is open to students who have passed the B.Sc. Degree examination (with Mathematics/ Zoology as major subject) of the Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination approved by the Bharathiar University.
Admission to the first year M.Com. is open to students who have passed the B.Com./B.B.M./B.C.S. degree examination of the Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination approved by the Bharathiar University.
Those who have secured a first class or a high second class in the M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., degree examinations from a recognized University are eligible to apply for the course.
- Conduct Certificate from the head of the institution in which the applicant last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Candidates seeking admission in the middle of the course must produce in addition to the transfer certificate, the term certificate from the college they last attended as required by the University for the previous terms and an order from the University permitting such transfer during the middle of the course.
- If a student leaves the college in the middle of the year he/she cannot claim remission of any portion of the fees but if he/she leaves with the permission of the principal he/she may be furnished with an acquaintance certificate for fees paid.
- If a student who has paid all fees leaves the college at the end of a semester he/she will be given an acquaintance certificate.
- Whenever a student applies for Transfer and Conduct Certificate, he/she shall be given such certificates only on payment of all fees and fines due to the college. A student applying for such certificates after a year from the date of leaving shall pay a penalty of Rs.3/- for each of the Certificates. An additional fee of Re.1/- will be charged for each duplicate copy of the certificates.
- In case he/she leaves at the end of the year, he/she will also receive the annual certificate.
- If in the opinion of the principal his/her progress and conduct have been satisfactory and
- If his/her attendance has been sufficient according to the University rules.
- All students should conduct themselves with DECENCY, DECORUM and DIGNITY at all times and in all places.
- Students must co-operate in protecting and taking care of all college property and equipments. They are expected to keep the building, playfield and their rooms neat and tidy.
- Difficulties experienced by the students and suggestions for improving their welfare may be brought to the notice of the principle or any other staff member for consideration and necessary action.
- Students who want to participate in matches and competitions not conducted by the college can do so only after getting the permission of the principal.
- Students are forbidden from taking any part in political activities of any kind particularly those directed against the authority of the government.
- Students who are found damaging college property will be expelled from the college. If any damage to the college property is caused by the student who is not identified minimum collective fine of Rs.100/- per student will be levied at the end of the year.
- Every affiliated college has an implicit responsibility in the implementation of attendance regulation.
- No College (including autonomous college) shall conduct the Semester Examinations or present the students to the Semester Examination without fulfilling the criteria of ninety working days.
- College functioning less than eighty (80) days a semester shall not be eligible to present the students for the Semester Examinations.
- The attendance certificate shall be submitted in the prescribed format where in the number of working days for the class, the number of days a student has been present as well as the number of days exempted and the reason for the such exemption are specifically stated.
- A Candidates other then private one shall be required to put in seventy five percent to qualify for admission to any prescribed examination of the university.
- If a student is absent for one or more hours during a session (Forenoon or afternoon) he/she will lose the attendance for half-a-day.
- The Principal of the college shall have a power to condone shortage of attendance of students to be admitted for university examinations upto a maximum of a 10 percent, ie., nine days each semester on valid reasons as ill health etc., on payment of the prescribed condonation fee of Rs.400/-.
- Statement of attendance of the students shall be displayed in the college notice board every month.
- In case the shortage of attendance of a student exceeds the limit prescribed for purpose of condonation of attendance, he/she will not be presented to the University examinations.
- A student will be given only one opportunity to carry forward the deficiency in attendance of one semester to the next semester during the degree course, failing which he/she will have to re-do the course.
The following criminal offences shall be treated as Ragging as per the Government of India Education Rules.
- Mental / Physical Sexual abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Indecent behavior
- Criminal intimidation / Wrongful restraint
- Undermining human dignity
- Financial exploitation / extortion
- Use of force
A student indulging in ragging can be:
- expelled from the institution
- disqualified to receive any scholarship
- debarred from examinations
- denied admission to any institution
- prosecuted for criminal action
The following rules shall be on force in the college as per the Tamil Nadu Educational rules.
- No Student who has been convicted of any offence in a criminal court will be allowed to continue his studies in the college.
- Students should abstain from active participation in party or communal politics. Students who indulge in political propaganda or who organize fellow students in to political factions in the premises of the college or who otherwise engage themselves in party politics are liable to be expelled from the college.
- Principal or other constituted college authorities may frame and issue form time to time disciplinary rules of a permanent or temporary nature relating to the conduct, inside and outside the college premises, of students.
- Principal and other constituted college authorities shall have full powers to inflict the following punishments in the interest of the students or of the institution concerned fine, denial of attendance, denial of terms certificates, suspensions and expulsion.
- Students should not indulge in any activity leading to the disruption of peace and discipline and dislocation of normal work in the college premises. Those who are guilty of violation of this rule will be severely dealt with.
- Ragging is strictly forbidden. Anyone who is guilty of ragging will be severely punished.
- Students who are guilty of (a) rude language towards the staff of the college or (b) assault or attempt to assault the staff or fellow students of the college, will be expelled from the institution.
Every student will be provided with an identity card with his photo duly attested by the principal. Students are required to keep their identity card with them always.
The following scholarships are available to students.
Government of India Scholarships
Students belonging to scheduled caste / scheduled Tribes are eligible to apply for the award of the scholarship provided the annual income of their parents does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-
Backward Class Welfare Scholarships
Students belonging to Backward / Most Backward Classes can apply for the award of the scholarships, if the annual income of their parents does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-
National Loan Scholarship
Students who have secured 50% and above in aggregate in Higher Secondary Examinations of equivalent can apply for the award of National Loan Scholarship. First preference will be given to those who have secured 60% and above.
Harijan Welfare Scholarships under State Scheme
The students who belong to Adi Dravida Converts are eligible to apply for the Harijan Welfare State Scholarship, provided their parental income does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
Scholarship to the children of Defence Service Persons
The students who are sons of the Defence Service Personal can apply for Full Fee Concession and the Scholarship Application Forms will be distributed to the student soon after they are received from the Director.
Scholarship to the children of Ex-Servicemen
Children of Ex-servicemen studying in the college can contact the DSSA Board Office concerned to obtain the application forms and details.
Harijan Welfare Loan Scholarship
Scheduled Caste students who are staying in recognized hostels can apply for the award of Harijan Loan Scholarship.
State Scholarships for the Children of School Teachers
This scholarship is awarded to the children of school teachers’ who are in service. Students who have secured 60% and above and whose parent’s income does not exceed Rs.1,000/- per mensum are eligible.
State Collegiate Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to students of Graduate and Post-Graduates courses whose parent’s income does not exceed Rs.12000/- per annum.
Students belonging to Muslim / Christian coverts from Backward Classes are eligible to apply for the award of the scholarship if they had secured 50% and above of marks in their last examinations, and of the parents annual income does not exceed Rs.2,00,000/- per annum. The scholarship will be recommenced by the Institution only for two students of the same family.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural Laborers-Farmers
These scholarships are awarded to students whose parents are the registered members having the Agricultural Laborers-Farmers Identity Card.
- Advaita Asharamam Trust offers Scholarships to Hindu Vysya Community students:
A sum of Rs.1,000/- is awarded by the Trust every year for the welfare of two poor and deserving students of Hindu Vysya Community.
- Dr. V.S.Padmanabhan and R.V.Subramanian Endowment Prizes to Hindu Vysya Community students.
A sum of Rs.2000/- is awarded from the Endowment every year for the welfare of poor and deserving students of Hindu Vysya Community.
- G.Viswanatha Chettiar & V.Nagalakshmi Endowment Prizes to one Hindu Vysya Community Student.
A sum of Rs.500/- is awarded from the endowment for the welfare of one poor and serving student of Vysya community.
All U.G students are exempted from paying Tuitions Fees. All PG students belonging to SC/ST/AD-Xian are also exempted from paying Tuition fees.
The object of the fund is to render financial assistance to deserving poor students to meet their tuition or examination fees for purchase of books. Limited assistance will be given to meet their hostel, mess, clothing or medical expenses, their considered genuine. This fund is granted to a very limited number of prescribed by the college. The fund is operated only from the students’ collection as the University Grants Commission has stopped contributing to this fund from the year 1979-1980 onwards.
Note : Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribe and Backward Class students and others who intend applying for scholarships and fee concessions should maintain 90 percent attendance throughout the year.
With a view to encouraging the students to achieve high distinction in the University Examinations and in the field of sports, many well-wishers of the College have instituted many endowment prizes. They are:
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year B.A.,(History) student.
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year B.Sc.(Physics) student.
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year M.Sc. (Zoo) student.
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year M.Com. student.
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best out going & outstanding Arts UG student.
- K.B.Balavenkatarama Chettiar and B.Ramalakshmi Ammal Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best NCC Cadet.
- Thiru.N.D.Sundaravadivelu Endowment of Rs.475/- to one best final year B.A (Economics) student.
- M.L.Ramachandran / M.Gopal Chettiar / Bringi Ramakannu / L.V.B Employees Union Endowment of Rs. 500. 12 ps/- to one best final year B.Sc (Maths) student.
- S.Jayabalan Endowment of Rs.1000/- to the best final year B.Sc (Chemistry) student.
- C.R.Nallusamy and Papayammal Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year B.Sc (Zoology) student.
- Erode Vidya Sangam Endowment of Rs.450/- to one best final year B.Sc. (Comp. Science) student.
- Sri Vasavi Trust Endowment of Rs.600/- to one best final year BBM student.
- B.Balagopal 60th Birth Anniversary Endowment Prize of Rs.500. 12ps- to one best final year B.Com. student.
- N.Radhakrishna Chettiar 60th Birth Anniversary Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best final year M.A.(History) student.
- S.A.V.Ramachandran Endowment of Rs. 500/- to one best final year M.Sc (Maths) student.
- C.N.Padmanabha Chettiar Endowment of Rs. 500/- to one best outgoing & outstanding Commerce UG student.
- Arumugam and Deivanai Ammal Endowment of Rs. 500/- to one best outgoing & outstanding of PG student.
- Athi Venkatarama chettiar / CBM Sakunthala Memorial / Prof. A.Pandurangan / Dewan Bahadur Sundaram / Malcom Adiseshaiya Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best NCC Sergeant.
- S.Kirshnamurthy Endowment of Rs.500/- to one best Under Officer.
- National Service Scheme Endowment of Rs.500/- to best two best NSS volunteers of first year (one Boy and one Girl).
- K.V.S.B.Rangnathan and Rabindranath Trust Endowment of Rs.500/- to best NSS Volunteers of second year (one boy & one Girl.)
- B.Adhnarayana Chettiar Prize of Rs.500/- to the best Sportsman.
- P.Venkaatamunusamy Chetty Memorial Endowment of 500/- to the best participant in Co-curricular Activities.
- B.Prabhakaran Endowment of Rs.1000/- to the best II year B.Sc. (Chemistry) student.
- S.Jayabalan Endowment of Rs.1000/- to the best of outgoing / outstanding UG Science Student.
Books and stationery are available for sale from the government approved Co-operative Stores, run by the college. All first year students must pay a deposit of Rs.350/- to the Co-operative stores at the time of their orders for their books and Stationery.
Classes are held for five hours a day as per the day order time table and as per the following schedule:
|I Period||10.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.|
|II Period||11.00 a.m. – 12.00 noon|
|III Period||12.00 noon – 1.00 p.m.|
|(1.00 p.m. – 2.00 p.m. Lunch – break)|
|IV Period||2.00 p.m.- 3.00 p.m.|
|V Period||3.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.|