The Department of Tamil was started in the year 1994-95. This department takes care of teaching Part-I Tamil paper to various under-graduate programmes offered in our College. Also, it offers M.Phil.(part-time) andPh.D. (Part-time) programmes in Tamil.
The Department of Tamil has been encouraging students to participate in extra-curricular activities in the fields of poetry, essay-writing, story-writing, drama, oratorical skills, and fine-arts.
The Tamil Literary Association periodically conducts special lectures, and workshops to nurture and exhibit the latent creative potentials of students.
- Dr. Mrs. V. Valarmathi, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. (Head)
- Dr. G. Dhavamani, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
- Mr. A. Gurumoorthy, M.A., M.Phil.
- Ms. E. P. Chandrika, M.A., M.Phil.
- Dr.M.Kavithadevi, Puthukkavithaiyin Kattamaippu, NalNilam Publications, Chennai, 2010, ISBN: 978-93-80238-11-1.
- Dr.M.Kavithadevi, Bharathiyin Padaippilakkiya Vagaikal, NalNilam Publications, Chennai, 2010, ISBN: 978-93-80238-11-1(SET).
- Dr.M.Ramesh, Indhu Matham – Saivam Vainavam vinaa-vidai, Pallavisri Publications, Erode, 2012, ISBN: 978-93-80406-92-3.
|1||Feb. 1 & 2, 2008||Two-day National Conference on Contemporary Tamil in different perspectives (Palthuraipparvaiyil Indraiya Tamil)|