- Dr. C. Mani, M.Com., M.Phil., PGDCA., Ph.D. (Head)
- Dr. R. Gowri, M.Com., M.Phil., PGDCA, M.B.A., Ph.D.
- Mrs. P. Abirami, M.Com., M.Phil.
Ms. R. Latha, M.Com., M.Phil., PGDCA, M.B.A.PUBLICATIONS
- C.Mani, Financial Health of Textile Mills –Selected Mills in Coimbatore District, Journal of Management and Science, Special Issue No. X, vol. 4, pp. 1-13.
- R.Gowri, Cost Structure Analysis – A Study with special reference to Select Large Scale Paper Industries in India, Journal of Management and Science, Special Issue No.X, vol. 2, pp. 38-44.
- P.Abirami, A Study on Investors’ Satisfaction towards Post-Office Monthly Income Scheme, Journal of Management and Science, Special Issue No. X, vol. 1, pp. 41-48.
- T.Poongodi and P.Abirami, Indian Economy – An Overview, in: A.Vijayakumar(Ed.), Indian Economy, Changing Scenario, Pointer Publishers, Jaipur, 2010, pp. 187-202, ISBN:978-81-7132-625-9.
- P.Abirami and R.Latha, Employer Branding, in: G.Kalaimani(Ed.) A Research Book on Innovative Management Practices for Global Competence, Himalaya Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, 2012, pp. 131-133, ISBN: 978-83-5097-314-1.
- R.Latha, Consumer Behaviour Towards Cosmetics with Special reference to Erode City, Journal of Management and Science Special Issue No. X, Vol. 3, 2012, pp. 11-23.
To develop communication skills, leadership skills and interpersonal skills, guest-lectures are arranged periodically. Career guidance programmes and Personality development programmes are also arranged. The Department brings out a bi-annual news-bulletin The Vasavi Executive in association with the departments of Corporate Secretaryship and Business Management.
The Department of Commerce was started in the year 1994-95 and it offers B.Com. programme with a sanctioned strength of 50. The course aims at teaching topics such as Banking, Management Accounting, Auditing, Finance, and Company Secretaryship. It provides a stronger foundation for further studies like MBA, MFC, M.Com., M.Com-CA., ICWA, CA, MCA, MFT, MIB, etc.The department offers M.Phil.(Part-time) programmes in Commerce.