The Department of Business Management was started in the year 1994-95 and it offers Bachelors programme in Business Management, with a sanctioned strength of 40. The programme aims at inculcating managerial and administrative skills. It provides a stronger foundation for further studies like MCA, MBA, MFC, M.Com., M.Com-CA., ICWA, CA, etc. To keep in touch with the IT era, the curriculum includes computer related courses like MS Office, Tally, and Visual Basic. Starting from the year 2011-12, the University changed the nomenclature of the programme as Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A). The department offers M.Phil.(Part-time) and Ph.D. (Part-time) programmes in Management.
- Ms. S. Muthumari, M.B.A., M.Phil. (Head)
- Ms. R. Geetha, M.B.A., M.Phil.
- S. Muthumari, A Study on Consumer Perceptions towards Laptops – An Overview of Laptop Market, International Journal of Functional Management, Vol. 1, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 57-61.
- S.Muthumari, A Study on Factors Influencing the Insurance Coverage of Girl Child in India, Journal of Management and Science, Special Issue X, Vol. 5, 2012, pp. 8 -16.
- S.Muthumari, Innovative Strategies for Performance Appraisal, in: G.Kalaimani(Ed.) A Research Book on Innovative Management Practices for Global Competence, Himalaya Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, 2012, pp. 301-303, ISBN: 978-83-5097-314-1.
- R Geetha, E-Banking and E-Insurance, Journal of Management and Science, Special Issue X, Vol. 1, 2012, pp. 174 -177.
- N.Krishnamoorthy and R.Geetha, A Study on factors affecting Quality of Work life of employees in Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd., in: G.Kalaimani(Ed.), A Research Book on Innovative Management Practices for Global Competence, Himalaya Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, 2012, pp. 187-190, ISBN: 978-83-5097-314-1.
|1||Dec. 21, 2012||National Conference on Innovative Management Practices for Global Competitiveness|
|2||Jan. 02, 2014||International Conference on Globalization and its impact on Indian Economy|
|3||Jul. 21, 2015||International Conference on Innovations in Research in the Field of Social Science|
To develop communication skills, leadership skills and interpersonal skills, guest-lectures are arranged periodically. Career guidance programmes and Personality development programmes are also arranged. The Department brings out a bi-annual news-bulletin The Vasavi Executive in association with the departments of Corporate Secretaryship and Commerce.
|2||E. Sampath Kumar||2010-2013||3|