The Department of Economics was started in the year 1967-68, and it offers B.A. Economics programme with a sanctioned strength of 50. This is one of the oldest departments in this college. Its alumni list is nothing shorter than the who-is-who list of Erode district. The curriculum includes, apart from traditional economics subjects, computer-related subjects also. The department offers UGC-funded Foundation Course on Human Rights Education from the academic year 2011-12. Every year, about 50 students get enrolled in this course.
- Dr. S. Manickam, M.A., M.Phil., PGDCA, PGDE, M.Ed., Ph.D.
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. K. R. Vijayarani, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Dr. K. Mariappan, Employment Policy and Labour Welfare in India, New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2011, (ISBN: 978-81-7708-274-6).
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu, Regional Economic Disparities in India, New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2009, (ISBN: 978-81-7708-195-4).
- Dr. K. R. Vijayarani, Small-scale Industries in India: Policy Initiatives and Programmes, New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2011, (ISBN: 978-81-7708-265-4).
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu & R. Umamaheshwari, Trend & Performance of agricultural production in India, International Journal for research & development Anugraham(Dindugual Dist), Vol:2, No-5, PP. 99-102(2105).
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu & Prof. A. Dharmu, Can budget change Indian capital market?, Seep Journal of Social Science, Indian Academic Researchers Association(Unit of scip Trust), Vol:VI, issue-23, pp.21-24(2015)
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu & Prof. A. Balachandran, Quality improvement in Higher Education in India, An Overview, Seep Journal of Social Science, Indian Academic Researchers Association, Vol-VI, issue-23, pp. 8-10 (2015).
- Dr. V. Nachimuthu & Baby, Service Quality and Students Benefit in Arts and Science College in Erode District, International Journal of Management & Social Development, A. Anthomymuthy, Manager(Publication), Chennai, Vol.1, issue-6, pp. 111-116(2014)
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
|S.No.||Investigator||Title & Duration||Amount|
|1||Dr.V.S.Ganesamurthy||Water Pollution in Textile Industry in Erode of Tamilnadu (2001 to 2002)||Rs.45,000|
|2||Dr.V.Nachimuthu||A Study on the Solid Waste Management of Erode Municipality in Tamilnadu (2003 to 2004)||Rs.15,000|
|3||Dr.K.Mariappan||A Study on Evaluation of Rain Water Harvesting Structures in Erode District of Tamilnadu (2004 to 2006)||Rs.30,000|
|4||Dr.V.S.Ganesamurthy||Land Use Pattern in Tamilnadu State with special reference to Erode District (2011 to 2012)||Rs.75,000|
SEMINARS / CONFERENCES ORGANIZED
|1||Nov. 1994||15th Annual Conference of the Association of Economists of TamilNadu and Pondicherry (ECONSMEET-94)|
|2||Sep 29, 30, 2006||UGC funded Two-day National Seminar on Women Empowerment: Issues and Challenges|
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS