Sri Vasavi College, sponsored by Erode Vidya Sangam, is in its forty-nineth year of fruitful service in the cause of higher education in this part of this country. It is a co-educational institution affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Started as a Pre-University College in 1967, affiliated to University of Madras by the altruistic and munificent Arya Vysya community people, it has now emerged as a beacon light of knowledge and excellence in higher education. The college is located near Chithode on the Salem-Kanyakumari National Highway(NHAI), on the picturesque hill slopes of river Cauvery. With its glorious legacy and sterling reputation, the College is now offering 54 programmes ranging from UG, PG, diploma, certificate and research levels both in the Government-aided stream and in the self-financing stream. In 2014, the institution is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC) with ‘B’ grade.
To provide access to affordable, quality higher education and research to all, on a philanthropic basis, with a view to imparting ethical values and global level competencies for social empowerment and for the sustainable growth of our nation.
- To follow a transparent admission policy on merit cum means basis to ensure social justice.
- To offer along with Government-aided courses, affordable self-financing courses to cater to contemporary needs.
- To impart higher learning of the most creative mode with a team of competent and committed faculty.
- To foster research with social relevance and to transmit the findings from lab to land for the betterment of the community.
- To impart skill-oriented training to students to enable them to compete at global level.
- To offer equal opportunities to women to empower and enable them to participate in the process of national development.
- To provide stimulus to students to have concern for environment.